Friday, April 18, 2008

Living Hope Baptist Church Anniversary = Exausting








So about two weeks ago, My church had our 10 years anniversary celebration. A celebration that took months of planning on the event. As a member of the church I was involved with many areas of the event such as, Playing music (guitar), Making a Video history of the church, and in charge of setting of the projector. This responsibilities took a lot of my time and effort plus balancing and organizing my time in order to also do my school work.

During this planning time, over the weekends for two weeks, I would spend 10 hours at church on Saturdays for two weeks, from 10am to 8pm and sometimes longer. During this time pressure and stress built up, having in mind the countless projects that I had due every week. But thankfully, God was good and gave me the time and energy needed to do all my work and hand-in projects just in time.

During the actual Anniversary, It was the day that the whole church and my friends were waiting for, because it was a big event that hosted about 600 people. Setting for the event took hours upon hours, requiring me to get up at 5 am in the morning on a Sunday after spending 10 hours of practice the night before. From 7 to 9, I had to set up my guitar, projectors and the video and graphics needed in the event and made sure everything was working smoothly before the main event at 5pm.

Overall, I believe that the anniversary went very well and through Gods grace I was able to handle both pressures from school and the preparations for the event. Actually, the next day Typography assignment was due and I ended up finishing it an hour before class. I would have to say that I was lucky to get it in on time but I wouldn't say that I am at all pleased about the design. Could have been a lot better conceptually and design wise.

No comments: