Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Creativity, My Education


It was a few weeks ago since we talked about the obstacles that people had to go through to be able to do what we want. In this case, for it is to be a designer. I believe that I have always been born with the talent to be creative. Just like the few post I have read, I believe that I am blessed to have supportive parents, and understanding, supporting me through out the way on my way to being a designer.

I believe that my creativity started when I was 7 years old when I have discovered the technology of carbon copy, where I would copy ninja turtles photos and would sell them to friends at school. It was good business I would say. Those were the start of my creativity where even at school I am involved with every aspect of art from preschool to grade 5 just before moving to Canada. Back in elementary, I would be involved with poster contest, leader for room decorations for christmas and a drawer that would draw a picture just for my crush when I was 9.

When I migrated to Canada back in 2001, Not much has changed. My involvement in art has toned down going into grade 7 and then has yet been highlighted in art class in grade 8. This was a turning point for me, because this is when I started thinking what I wanted to be. Back then I wanted to be a cartoonist or a illustrator. Back in grade 8 I would be the main competition by many friends and many of them also supported me till the end. People knew me for my artistic abilities that when it was my graduation and missed the award for Most artistic, people were mad and curios because people were expecting me to get this award. But I would have to say that having my title page used at our yearbook is my main highlight in elementary

After this happened, I was not discouraged nor put down, I continued my passion with art and took art classes from 9 to grade 12. Yes, I was still one of the top student in my high-school years. During these years I was not sure what I wanted to be till it I was grade 12, I was encouraged by my teachers at Applewood Heights to do something creative because they have seen me excelled with artistic work . Not till my art teacher introduced us to Graphic Design and the opportunities that a Graphic Designers could do. This was a start of a new passion for me. I love being creative and loved technology and thought that it was appropriate for me to take such artistic work. My teacher then led to promoting Humber College to me, and I would have to say that I was not mistaken to making this decision.

No comments: